by Vikki Liogier
he Education and Training Foundation (ETF) – the workforce development body for the Further Education (FE) and Training sector funded by the UK Government – has run a series of free, online webinars to help colleagues across the sector who are working remotely to support students based at home. These webinars contain a host of useful information, tips and advice, they are recorded and are available for practitioners to use whenever convenient.
Free webinar topics include:
- Making the most of online learning.
- Delivering through a virtual classroom.
- Adapting content quickly to deliver online.
- Supporting learners in VLEs.
- Engaging learners in VLEs.
- Supporting learners with online reading skills.
- Making webinars more inclusive.
- Introduction to the Guide to EdTech and Essential Digital Skills Training to Support Remote Working.
There is a strong emphasis throughout the webinars on digital accessibility and inclusion to ensure that all learners are able to benefit from remote teaching support and online materials.
More information about the initiative you can read on EPALE page here: https://epale.ec.europa.eu/en/content/free-webinars-support-distance-learning-students-based-home